Monday, March 18, 2013

Sophie has arrived!

Sophie came a week early! I'm not sure how they schedule things at the Kona animal shelter, but a week before I was supposed to get her, they called to say that she'd just come out of surgery and I should come right away. So I ran!

Sophie Lynn Powers
13 weeks old. Born December 13th (or close enough).
20 pounds and growing fast.

I've had her only 5 days, and she's already halfway to 'housebroken'. She sleeps in her bed (next to mine) without a whimper and without a single accident. When she snuggles on her Rottweiler-sized pillow bed, I'm reminded of The Blind Side -  I doubt she has ever had a bed of her own before. She loves to eat and sleep - she probably didn't get enough of either at the shelter. I suspect she never had toys before either, but she is now the queen of all the Misha toys that I brought with me.

I'll shut up and just show pictures...

Supervising me in the garden:



Loves her bed:(That's Misha's Moo Cow keeping watch.)






Misha's favorite toy has a new best friend:




Could she be more adorable?




3 comments:

  1. Aw, love sleeping puppy pictures. Absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so beautiful! Congratulations! Such a smart girl, too. I'm so glad you've found a pup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie, great name! ;-) She's going to be a big girl. A big, spoiled, happy mama's girl. (& Gary too)

    ReplyDelete