It's the holiday season again! We had our usual 2 trick-or-treaters this year. For the entire 10 years before Isla and Broderick moved in across the street, I'd had exactly zero!
Mochi dressed as Queen of the Mardi Gras.
Debbie and Colleen visited for a few days after a short visit to Maui. It was great to see them again. I don't know if Mochi remembered them from last year, but she fell in love with them all over again.
We're looking forward to another Christmas/New Year visit from the Lee/Seidel family.
After 18 months of retirement, I've settled into a happy routine...
Three days a week, Mochi and I take an early morning beach walk. She investigates all the smells from one end of Kohanaiki Beach to the other while I follow along picking up trash.
I've been doing all the home improvement projects that I never had time for - lots of painting, replacing old carpet with new hardwood floors, and gardening gardening gardening...
My stack of unread books is getting shorter and shorter. My new favorite author is Kristin Hannah - a Bay Area writer whose books are often historical fiction with female central characters. I highly recommend The Nightingale.
Aloha y'all!

No comments:
Post a Comment