Wednesday, March 8, 2023

March Update

 Aloha, all!

This has been SOME winter! Hawaii and Bay Area mountains are covered in snow (video to follow). After about a month of dryness, Kona has now had rain 23 of the past 25 days... and not just a warm drizzle... sometimes it's a cold and windy downpour. I actually had to wear socks one day!

Mochi and I still have fun walking on the beach in the mornings (the rain usually starts at noon).  We pick up lots of trash and a few bonus dog toys. Still hoping for a wad of cash or a rapper's heavy gold chain.

My tomatoes and pineapples love the rain. I've even managed to grow jicama this year. The tomatoes are just starting to ripen, but the pineapples won't be ready until later in the summer. I've learn that both the pineapple plants and the fruit are slooooow to mature. 

Jen and Donna just left after a fun week. Mochi loved them and was on her best behavior. She loved Jen the most because Jen's leftovers were awesome. Mochi even ate steak one night!

This is what Mochi and I saw on our beach walk a couple of days ago...

Aloha, y'all!






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! It's been snowy in the Pacific NW too! The sea is just a gorgeous blue in this video!

    ReplyDelete