According to the Costco displays, all of these holidays are happening NOW! That's too much for my head, so I'm trying to take it one day at a time.
We never have trick-or-treaters, so the only decision to make for Halloween is "do I buy candy for kids who will never come and then eat it myself?"
After Halloween, the next real holiday is Election Day. Will we survive this election? Will there be riots? Will we have to fumigate the White House to get the rats out? Actually probably only the one rat - the others will behave like grownups and leave when their time is up. I can just picture Seal Team One pulling Trump out of a hole in the floor, bin Laden style. I just hope there are cameras to witness it.
Thanksgiving for me is always a week off work to catch up on my gardening, and then on Thanksgiving Day, the Macy's parade and National Dog Show, a traditional Thanksgiving meal, and finally a visit to the dog beach where Sophie can swim to her heart's content.
Many of my regular holiday season art shows are still happening this year. I'm hoping they will feel safe, given that they are outdoors and likely to be sparsely populated with fewer off-island visitors. So maybe my Christmas shopping with be almost normal. I'm hoping to be brave enough to attend the local artists tour (right in my neighborhood) and maybe one of the monthly Kona Strolls down Ali'i Drive.
In case I don't get back here for a while...
Stay paranoid!
Wear your mask!
and
VOTE!
No comments:
Post a Comment