Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Hurricane Lane

Its name is so alliterative, it makes me want to smile... like Candy Cane Lane...
But it's turning out to be a big deal. It's gone from a Category 4 to a Category 5 and now back to a 4. And it is veering very very close to the islands. The eye won't cross any island (says me) but a hurricane is hundreds of miles across, so there's plenty of weather on all sides of the eye.

It's unusual for a hurricane to come up the west side of Hawaii Island, but that's what this one seems to be doing.

It's 9AM and we haven't seen any real weather yet, but all indications are that by noon, we'll be holding on to our hats. To show just how worried I am (NOT), I'll be driving into town to get my hair cut at 3 this afternoon. The hairdresser and I were just talking and joked that we might have to spend the night in the salon. Sophie will be with me, so she'll keep me warm and safe.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   DON'T WORRY ABOUT US   !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now... the visual aid....


No comments:

Post a Comment