Friday, April 6, 2018

Spring 2018

Aloha!

It's finally SpringYes, we have Spring here in Hawaii. My Plumeria trees are in full bloom - they bloom before they get leaves, kinda like fruit trees. I've got baby pineapples on half a dozen plants. 

Birds are building nests in my trees, shrubs, hanging plants. They identified my house as "bird friendly" and they now think they own the place. When the bird feeders get empty, birds will hunt me down and scream at me! I'm not kidding! The beautiful male Northern Cardinal is not shy about informing me that the trough is empty. He figures out which room I'm in, sits on the railing outside that room, looks me right in the eye, and SCREAMS! I love him very much.

I know I didn't mention this to most of you, but I was in San Jose in March. My schedule was uncertain until the last minute, and then I was in and out in 4 days. Work had me booked up solid, so I got to see only a couple of friends. Next trip, I promise I'll add a few personal days so I have time to visit more of you. Then again, you can always come visit ME! Sophie and I can't wait to see you!

This week is Merrie Monarch week. Six hours of hula each night from now through Saturday. Tonight is the group Hula Kahiko. It looks something like this:
























Aloha y'all!

Dana



No comments:

Post a Comment