Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Big Island Update

Summer is winding down, and kids will soon be returning to school.
It's the perfect time in Hawaii! Passing hurricanes are now bringing us much-needed rain and the occasional chilly night. I keep hoping for a BIG weather event so that Sophie and I can snuggle inside and read and nap and watch the wild, windy show. That's not likely to happen on this side of the island, but I can hope...

It's a good time to visit because airline and hotel prices are down (not that you NEED a hotel) and the beaches aren't overcrowded -- as they can get during the high season. Ironman is coming up soon (early October), but other than that one week, the tourists pretty much leave us alone until after Thanksgiving.


A couple of weeks ago, I was in the Bay Area for a short, busy week. My apologies if I wasn't able to visit with you. It was a really short visit, and Thermo had most of my time scheduled with classes and meetings and other boring stuff.


Thermo Pubs recently had a big shake up as one writer and our manager retired all in the same month. We've now hired two new writers and a new manager (an ex Cadence employee), and this visit was a chance to meet all of them. One thing this new manager said was that she expects me to visit California more often, so maybe I'll get a chance to see you in the not-too-distant future.


Or.....


You can come visit ME!


My backyard birds are very active this time of year. The juveniles are fattening themselves up and will come to a window and scold me if I fail to keep food out.


Here are some of the regular visitors to my backyard -- 
















Well folks... that's all the news from the Big I.

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment