Yesterday, that same gecko showed himself again, sprouting his stubby, newly grown tail. Ewww again. I guess the replacement tails don't get their normal green color for a while. About half the geckos I see in the garden are wearing a similar short pinkish regrown tail.
And yes, I still have geckos in my office. I frequently dedicate myself to chasing them out, but new ones seem to find their way in. At present, my office is home to both this recovering gecko and another with a full tail. I can only hope they are of the same gender.

A bit of gecko information: these lovely green geckos with the red spots are Madagascar geckos -- only one of many species of geckos on the island. These are the only non native species, and yet have become a symbol of Hawaii -- perhaps because they are by far the most attractive. I'll try to get pictures of the 'other' geckos for you. I've seen at least four other species in my yard.
Aloha y'all!
No comments:
Post a Comment